At Harwood driving school I apply the Roadcraft "system" where relevant along with the DVSA learning to drive syllabus in my training methods. The aim is for you to become an outstanding candidate for the Practice driving test. Giving you a very high chance of passing first time.You will become a Driver who Thinks and Anticipates, rather than reacting to situation as they occur. A safe driver for life. Your safety depends on your awareness of whats happening around you, and your ability to control the position and speed of your vehicle relative to everything else on the road. A collision or a near miss is often the result of a lapse in driving skill.
I aim to help you become a better driver by increasing your awareness of all the factors that affect your driving - your own capabilities, the characteristics of the car, and the road and traffic conditions. The areas i cover in training include: Your vulnerability as a driver. - read this! Most drivers think they are more skillful and safer then the average driver - but we cannot all be right! In two out of 3 collisions, human error is a cause. Driving safely is not an add on extra at Harwood driving school - its built into the way you will learn to drive from the start! What are the commonest causes of collision? The commonest recorded causes of collisions in the UK are:
Driver error or reaction - this is a factor in 2 out of 3 of all collisions. the commonest errors are:
- Failure to look properly
- Failure to judge the other road users path or speed
- Loss of control.
- Actions based on poor judgement - this contributes to just over a quarter of all collisions.
The main factors are:
- Travelling too fast for the conditions
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Following to close
- I will help you develop your situational awareness - using all your senses to build up an accurate mental picture of you driving environment.
- Increase your alertness - show you how to be vigilant whilst remaining focused so as to spot hazards early and leave nothing to chance.
- Anticipate - developing your observational skills and driving experience to spot actual and potential hazards and predict how the situation is likely to unfold.
- Planning - planning your driving precisely and making accurate decisions.
- Making judgements - judging situations accurately and then taking safe and appropriate action.
This course is designed for full licence holders wanting to improve their current driving skills, and is excellent preparation for Advanced Driving Tests. This course is usually done over 5 x 2-hour sessions and covers an assessment drive and defensive driving techniques in relation to:
Recent first time passes in BoltonFirst time driving test pass in Bolton with Harwood driving school.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about Harwood Driving School available right now.